The History of the Church and School are inextricably entwined. Records show the Church was built in 1833 and is now 171 years old.

The School Building is almost as old and was originally constructed as a Church Hall. It is still one of the largest two storied halls in Grenville and must have been the scene of many important town meetings over its long life.

Records show it was converted for use as a school in 1915 with the junior school downstairs and the senior school upstairs. This must have been a very significant step for very few people went to school in those days and even fewer went to senior school.

While there are many old churches in the West Indies there are very few old school buildings and this beautiful example of the Colonial architecture of that period is probably the oldest school building still in daily use in the Caribbean.

Click on the buttons below to learn more.

 Parish Rectors  Slave Register  School Principals  History as at 1992
 Grenville & Fedon's Rebellion  Childhood Memories